Friday, July 27, 2012

Movie review : 21 Jump Street


When I was a hell of a lot younger I loved to watch the TV-show 21 Jump Street.
Watching Tom Hanson ( Johnny Depp) as an undercover policeman at Highschools was definitely one of my favorite pastimes.

Don't you just love the tune of the show?


I can't believe I still remember this after 20 years!


When I heard about the movie 21 Jump Street I could not wait to see it.
So one night me and my husband sat on the couch, baked some popcorn and had gotten ourselves something to drink. We were ready for an action movie!

Well how disappointing was that!
21 Jump Street the Movie is not, I repeat is NOT an action movie.

It is a Comedy with a capital C. It´s funny with at times a disturbing sense of humor.
The storyline is similar to the original show, but the vibe is completely different.
If I had watched the trailer I would have known that it was a comedy ;-)




Although it was not quite the movie we were expecting it was not a waste of time.
I loved the cameo´s done by some of the original 21 Jump Street-cast.
Not to mention watching Channing Tatum!
(stay tuned because he is getting a feature in my Entertaining Men series)


If you are feeling nostalgic, you can get the complete TV-series at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...